To launch NationalMap and display some data just follow these steps:
- Go to: http://nationalmap.gov.au.
- In the Data Workbench on the left click Add Data to launch the Data Catalogue.
- Browse the Data Catalogue for an interesting dataset and click on the title to get a preview of the data, along with a description and other relevant metadata.
- To view your data on the map click the Add to the Map button. The spatial data will be immediately displayed on your map and a visual legend for that data will appear in the Data Workbench.
- To add additional data-sets to the map, simply click Add Data again to relaunch the Data Catalogue.
You can perform these steps in any order as required to adjust your spatial data display.
Note: To locate your data on the map, go to the Data Workbench and click Zoom to Extent for your data-set. You can also click About this Data to get more information about your selected data-set.